Definitely a fab woman must-have: smooth, luscious, kissable lips.
First there was body scrub. Then lip scrub, buffer, or exfoliant. These tiny treasures gently exfoliate and moisturize your lips. They come in various sizes, formulations and can be quite pricey. Smashbox Emulsion Lip Exfoliant retails at $18 at Sephora. Bath and Body Work’s Mentha Lip Buffer sells at $7. A drugstore version, Sally Hansen Lip Exfoliator + Moisturizer costs about $4.
Be fab and frugal. Make your own. You will be surprised that you can get the same moisturizing effect minus the high tag. In fact, this project will use basic food items found in your pantry. Here are the surprising ingredients:
|L-R: Sugar (brown or white), Honey (or olive oil), any dish/plate (I used a jar cover)|
Assemble your supplies: Brown or white sugar, Honey or olive oil, any dish/plate.
- Drop a tiny amount of honey (or olive oil) into the plate
- Mix honey with a pinch of sugar. See sample picture.
|Kissable lips: DIY Honey + Sugar|
- With cotton tip or clean finger, mix honey and sugar.
- Gently rub the mixture over your lips for about one minute.
- Wash lips and apply your favorite lip balm or lip gloss after. Exfoliate lips twice a week or when you feel your puckers need a little boost.
|The secret is revealed. Share it with your fab friends.|
Dry, cracked, dull lips ain’t fab. Exfoliate. Flash that gorgeous smile.
* Get inspired* ” Get busy. Do things that inspire you. Idle minds engage in gossip. Your worth is more than that”