Surprise! I do wear eyeglasses, ocassionally though. It gives my eyes a much needed break from constant use of contact lenses.
Do you wear eyeglasses too? Don’t hide your precious peepers behind those boring spectacles. Be fun and fab with these simple makeup tricks:
1. Apply face primer prior to face foundation. For a review of primers, click here. Want a hint of shimmer? Try mixing a small amount of liquid shimmer with your liquid foundation.
2. Prime your eyes to prevent creasing and smudging of eye makeup. It also makes the eye colors more vibrant. No eye primer? Make your own. To know how, click here.
3. Work your eyebrows. Lightly line with brown eyeliner. Don’t use black, it will look harsh. New to lining/filling your eyebrows? Try stencils. Affordable styles available at e.l.f (image here)
|Geez! Holding a camera on one side, return demo on the other. Yay!|
4. If you don’t have brown eyeliner, use brown eyeshadow instead. Fill in brows with light strokes using small angled brush.
|“Brush me gentle, brush me true”. Okay, I faked the lyrics|
5. Coat eyebrows with clear lash mascara to keep hair in place. Remember, untamed brows are not fab.
6. Time to choose your eye shadow colors. Take a break from neutral colors. Today, I decided to channel “spring colors” Pink/Green/Aqua.
7. Apply pink on one side, green on the other. Cover entire eyelid.
|Express yourself baby!|
8. Apply beige color eye shadow over crease.
|You can do it.|
9. To add drama, line upper & lower lash line with green eye pencil. Follow with aqua mascara.
|Now I can’t focus the camera well. Need an assistant?|
10. Finish by applying shimmer eyeshadow on eyebrow arch and inner corner of eye (tear duct)
|Forgive the poor lighting. I’ll do good next time.|
11. Apply pink blush-on. Smile to locate the “apple” of your cheeks.
12. Apply baby pink lipstick or lip gloss.
|Smile. Still the quickest beauty fix.|
13. Seal makeup by brushing mineral veil. Brush over T-zone and cheeks to control shine issues.
14. Optional. Apply shimmer powder over cheekbone.
|Colors are more vivid in person, I swear.|
New to makeup? Try these basics, click here.
Complete makeup set for this look:
Fab and fun. Take a break from neutrals. Play with colors.
*Get inspired* “The other side of the fence is not always green. It could be gold or fushia. You won’t know unless you jump over the fence”