Looking at my own stash of makeups, I found a clear lip balm and lipstick I seldom use. I really wanted to buy a tinted lip balm, and then I realized why not make something out of why I already got. A tinted lip balm by Bobbi Brown is sold $18 at Nordstrom. A pot of Benetint Lip Balm by Benefit is available at Sephora at $20. A drugstore version like Nivea is abou $3.
Enter the fab and frugal mind. For this DIY (do-it-yourself), you will need the following (see picture for ingredients):
4. Pop in microwave oven for 15- 20 seconds. The lip balm will be dissolved and the lipstick will be quite soft.
5. Mix together with cotton tip until both are well blended.
6. Transfer mixture into a small pot/ jar/ container. Clean sides of jar with moistened paper towel. Replace cap.
7. Glide gently on lips with a cotton tip or lip brush. I used a lip brush for this picture.
|Hmmm, I saved myself $20. I’m loving this tinted lip balm!|
Remember, a fab woman knows how to reuse and recyle.
* Get inspired* “Only a smart and secure man can handle a smart and confident woman. Insecurity dwells even in the brightest minds”.