Whether you are new to makeup or not, these items are essential to looking fab everyday. Honestly, you don’t need to hoard especially if you’re just starting to learn the basics of makeup. As to which brands, there are a lot of affordable yet high quality makeups sold in drugstores and major retail chains. Take time to read the label and test the color. Stick to the neutrals if you are intimidated by bright colors. As the adage goes, the simpler, the better. Now let me help you how to rock that fab look in under five minutes, using my Magic 6.
Top: Lip gloss (L’Oreal from Walgreens), Mascara (Clinique from Macy’s)
L-R: Black eyeliner (Sephora), Eyesdahow (Revlon from CVS), Blush (Neutrogena from Target), Eyelash Curler (Shu Uemura from Sephora)
If you’re the type who doesn’t like foundation or face powder, then skip it. But never go out in the sun without wearing suncreen. Your skin will thank you for that.
1. Apply the eyeshadow of your choice. Apply the base (lighter color) to lid area. Then apply a slightly darker color to the crease.
2. Line your upper lids with black eyeliner, staying as close to the lash line as possible. This creates an illusion of thicker eyelashes. You may line your lower lids to build a more dramatic effect.
3. Curl your eyelash. Hold the curler in between your lashes for about 15 seconds. Release.
4. Apply mascara. 2-3 coats will instantly volumize your lashes.
5. Apply blush-on. Smile so you can see where the “apple” of your cheek is.
6. Apply lip gloss or lipstick.
Look Fab Today. You Deserve It!