| affiliate link |
I hate to be the V-Day Grinch but truth is, red is such a predictable color to wear on Valentine's Day! It can also look tacky if you overkill it. Red from head to toe, oh no! So whether you're having a fancy dinner with your loved one, coffee date with a potential loved one, or just spending the day with anyone, wear red fabulously my dear!
1. She has arrived. My favorite way to wear red is definitely on the lips. It is sexy without even trying. I said it before and I'll say it again: there is THE perfect red for every Jane, you just have to try. I have so many favorites but my current go-to's are Givenchy 308 Rouge D'Exception (brick red), YSL Rouge Volupte Shine 4 Rouge in Danger (red orange), and Dior 999 (classic red).
2. For a sexy neckline, accessorize! Forget revealage of the cleavage and get yo' neck bedecked with bling bling my dahling. *raps and hops* (shhh... revealage of the cleavage is an inside joke between me and the hub, it only means leaving nothing to the imagination). But boobs aside, you can wear the simplest button-up shirt and pair of jeans but still look chic with a statement neckpiece.
3. Nail it with nails. If red lipstick still intimidates you, why not rock your nails bloody red? You can get plenty of inspirations from bloggers and vloggers alike. Leticia from Cosmetics Aficionado did this uber cute heart-shaped cookie nail art; If you like textured nail effect, Judy from BeautyJudy shows her gorgeous nails painted with Zoya Pixie Dust Chyna.
4. Bag the love. I think every woman should own a red purse at least one in her lifetime. It exudes sexiness and power to the nth degree. Red lips + red purse = Femme Fatale.
5. Bring sexy back with a red bra. Of course you won't go out on a date wearing only that. To make it clear, we are talking "feeling sexy underneath". My grandma used to tell me that a real classy woman wears decent undergarments. She was right, but I want to add the sexiness aspect. So give black and beige bra a brief break and wear red like nobody's business.
So have you decided how you're going to wear red on Valentine's?
My lips are sealed with Rouge Dior 999.
|Moi in Rouge Dior 999 Lipstick|
Shop my favorite reds