Hot Pink is the new Red. It's flirtatious, fun and fierce. It can be quite intimidating to some but once you get the hang of it, this shade becomes your comfort zone. Feeling sad, sick or drab? reach out for that hot pink tube and instantly you become Ms. Fab.
Choosing the best shade of hot pink is another ordeal. While I don't normally follow rules as makeup is a form of self-expression, MUAs recommend cool pinks to those with cool undertone (blue based pink) and warm pinks to those with warm undertone (orange based). Rule of thumb: when in doubt, don't.
Get the Look
Get the Look
- Exfoliate lips! Bright shades emphasize rough lips. Make your own lip exfoliant, here's my recipe.
- Line and fill in lips with hot pink lip liner. Check out Jesse's Girl kohl lip liner (Pucker up) in your local drugstore, it's surprisingly good and very affordable too!
- Layer with hot pink lipstick. For this look, I used MAC Girl About Town Amplified (fuschia with blue undertone)
- Apply eye primer from the lid to brow bone. Kat Von D is one of my favorite brands
- Apply and blend gold eye shadow on lids. I used Mattese NYC Shadow Dust (glitzy); pack and pat to your liking
- Blend brown eyeshadow on crease
- Line and smudge upper lash line with black eyeliner; line water line with black eyeliner
- Smudge lower lash line with brown and gold eyeshadow
- Apply a coat or two of mascara.
On a side note, I really want this wall art inspiration from Aulani Disney (Hawaii). I like the idea of planters against the stone wall....another DIY-in-the making?