- MakeUpMom123: Huge Spring Fling Giveaway - 44 Winners!
- Mama Fashionista: Even though Mother's Day has come and gone, Mama Fashionista still thinks these fragrances are worth a try!
- Love At First Site!: Reviewing and Swatching KORRES SS13 Colour Pop Collection nail colours.
- Beauty Fiends: Julia at Beauty Fiends is co-hosting a multi-blogger and indie giveaway!
- Ishah x Beauty: Check out how RiRi Woo, the lipstick that sold out in 3 hours, looks on warm/yellow toned skin!
- Lola's Secret Beauty Blog: Looking for a gorgeously glowing cool mid-tone pink blush? Meet Tom Ford Cheek Color in Wicked- it's stunning!
- TheFabZilla: So which pink are you? TheFabZilla gets her hands on Victoria's Secret Pink luminous body butter.
- ColorMeSoCrazy: Stamping with Holo!!
- Beauty by Miss L: Miss L showed Wild&Mild bright yellow nail polish.
- Chickettes.com: NEW! Gelish All About the Glow collection swatches. Check out these summer brights!
- Shades Of Beauty, Inc.: Some Mary Kay Products to Combat Allergy Symptoms!
- Beauty by Arielle: Why BB Creams Are a Gimmick.
- Beauty Professor: Summer is almost here and the Beauty Professor has swatches and a video review of the soon-to-be-released Youngblood Summer 2013 Collection!
- The Passenger Element: Tiny Purchase at Ulta.
- Peace Love and Glitter: Two words: Glitter sunglasses. An easy DIY tutorial to add some sparkle to your sunnies!
Saturday, May 18, 2013
Friday, May 17, 2013
Okay let me say first that I'm in no way a fitness guru. In fact, this word shguru gives me inexplicable goosebumps, especially when loosely uttered by some kiddos or inexperienced peeps from nowherelandia. Well you know what I mean so this statement needs no elaboration.
Unbeknownst to most of you, I used to write fitness topics when my blog is still in its micro nano size stage, which was like two years ago. Then beauty and whatnot took the limelight and boom! I totally forgot about it. My my my bad! You see in my mid 20s up until early 30s, I was in my chunkiest but with exercise and diet, I triumphed over the bulge! So my personal goal as I approach my late (very) 30s is to be fit, ripped perhaps? Truth is, I want to be Fit and Fab when I hit the Four-O.
One thing that motivates me to get my ass off the couch is to do something I seriously love. Dancing is one of them. Twenty minutes gyrating to J Lo or jumping to Black Eyes Peas music can burn 300 or so calories. That's one slice of pizza for you mama!
Recently, hula hoop is gaining popularity again. Thanks to celebrities like Kelly Osbourne, Beyonce, Zooey Deschanel, even our First Lady Michelle Obama! Then I remember we have this old and dusty hula hoop hibernating in the closet for years.
If you're on Instagram and happen to follow mine, you probably remember that my hula hoop amazement (obsession) started two weeks ago. Well I'm happy to say that moi is still on the roll, doing nonstop rounds for 15 minutes (with another 15 minutes dedicated to hip hop dancing), thrice a week. Yep, all of that twisting and turning happening in the backyard. Dogzilla enjoys it. Hubzilla supports it.
So if you're into hula hoop or simply looking for a super fun way to get fit, I highly encourage this hip and leg-shaping exercise! Blast that music girl and get ready to hoopla!
|My warm-up: Raise leg while holding hula hoop (I do 50 sets each leg)|
Amp it up! Hold the hoop up, down, side to side.
|Shaking to Shakira|
|Woo! Get down on it|
|Scream and shout and let it all out|
|Stretch and shake baby shake|
Wednesday, May 15, 2013
Are you fun and fearless? warm and cozy? sun-kissed? Tell me your kind. Say anything except the third kind.
If you have Victoria's Secret store near you, I bet you won't miss these goody jars of luminous body butter sold for $15 each or $30 for 3. Great deal I must say! Depending on your olfactory inclination, you have eight variants to choose from: Pretty and pure, Wild and breezy, Fun and fearless, Fresh and clean, Wild at heart, Sweet and flirty, Warm and cozy, and Sun-kissed.
My personal picks from my last VS retail therapy were: Fun and Fearless (water lily and currant), my top fave; Warm and Cozy (toasted vanilla and peony) which smells more floral than vanilla; Sun-kissed (coconut water and sunny vanilla) which is perfect for summer, that is if you like coconut scent!
Now that we're springing into summer, are these body butters thick and heavy for the hot season? I don't know about your preference but for me (and I live in Hawaii where the mighty sun never sleeps; okay there are days it does!), I love 'em. They're quite thick but never greasy. There is subtle luminosity to it which makes your legs or arms glow. I alternate all three, as evidenced by finger marks you can see from the jar. Lavish much?
Have you tried Pink yet?
Tuesday, May 14, 2013
Bite Beauty is a new acquaintance to my makeup arsenal. I'm supposed to be on a no-makeup purchase vow but this eye candy talked to me like I'm a damsel in need of serious counseling.
Ms. Pastille Lavender: oh dear, what brought you here?
Moi: I'm not telling, my lips are sealed.
Ms. Pastille Lavender: I can see that! Your lips are dry and dulll.
Moi: Yeah right, and who are you to tell me that?
Ms. Pastille Lavender: Tweety bird told me you like French pastille candies.
That's my inspiration for this lipstick collection
Moi (picks and reads): Hmm, matte and creme, interesting!
Ms. Pastille Lavender: Honey, add this to your sweet craving: this lippy is made
from natural and food-grade ingredients
Moi: Really? The proof is in the eating. Wait a minute....
|Damsel's swatch of pastille lavender: a sheer pinkish- lavender|
Key ingredients: Trans-Resveratrol (antixoxidant), organic shea butter, vitamins E and C.
The real deal. This lipstick is housed in a sturdy gray tube with rubber-like finish. While it is scratch-resistant and fingerprint-proof, uncapping is a tad difficult. C'mon, at $24 I look for magnificence! It is indeed creamy with a semi-matte finish. It survived coffee sips but was entirely wiped out after a hearty meal. It's so hydrating you don't need a lip balm at all. There are four lovely shades from the Pastille collection: Lilac (fuchsia), Violet (bright violet), Lavender, Rosebud (scarlet red). I like how lavender goes with any makeup I wear, or outfit to that effect!
Long story short, that woman who was counseled (or tricked) by Ms. Pastille Lavender totally broke her promise. Reports say she's on her way to Sephora to buy and refill her Bite prescriptions. Story of her life. But 'ey, it's worth the bite!